Blaise + Co. Contemporary Art is a creative business development specialist catering to the emerging artist. We identify under-recognized talent and provide them with an alternative to the commercial gallery system. By curating exhibitions and offering a menu of strategic artist services, we ensure that our artist clients have a clear definition of the career they hope to achieve, and feel confident that they are leveraging every possible opportunity to reach that goal.
Other creative professionals such as actors, writers and musicians have long benefited from the professional insight of agents and managers; Blaise + Co. believes that fine artists deserve the same luxury. Appreciating that most professional artists struggle to strike a balance between self-promotion and creative integrity, Blaise + Co. is ideally positioned to act as the artist’s champion. Rather than waiting for a gallerist, critic or collector to take notice of the work, we encourage the artist to re-claim control of his or her career. A custom subscription to our services ensures that the artist will never miss another opportunity for increased sales, press coverage, or strategic partnerships. Contact us to learn more.
Blaise is herself a native New Yorker who has applied the strategic acumen she acquired while working at Sotheby’s auction house to the artist’s career. Her extensive network of Contemporary art collectors and professionals, finely-tuned aesthetic, and entrepreneurial spirit make her a successful artist champion. After attending the Chapin School, Blaise earned a Bachelors Degree in Art History from Skidmore College and Masters Degree in Art Business from the University of Manchester, UK through the Sotheby’s Institute of Art.
- THE ROSTER – The artist’s work is featured on our website and in all strategic outreach, giving you our stamp of approval as a professional curator and fine art dealer. Since the January 2011 launch, our website has swiftly become a leading online source of emerging talent, receiving an average of 4,500 page views and 1,500 unique visitors each month. (seasonal fee)
- THE OPPORTUNITY LISTING – Receive a monthly email listing of national artist opportunities such as calls for submissions, residency openings, online competitions, artist-run fairs, and curatorial projects . This centralized database will list all relevant contact information and deadlines for you to leverage every opportunity to showcase your work. (monthly fee)
- THE MARKET ANALYSIS – The professional artist must be familiar with every opportunity and restriction inherent in your market. We will research and execute a document for your personal use identifying your market based on geographic location, price base, and aesthetic style. This strategic road-map recommends which galleries to pursue, publications to pitch, influencers to be aware of, groups to join, and events to attend. (flat fee)
- THE ARTIST KIT - A complement to the Market Analysis, we will organize and synthesize your body of work into a document reflecting your unique artistic talents, which can be used in any professional presentation such as a call for submissions, collector or gallery meeting, and media pitch. (flat fee)
- THE STUDIO EVENT - We will orchestrate a special event in your studio to expose your work to a fresh group of appreciators, collectors and collaborators. To ensure a quality event we will source the guest list from our own network, organize logistics and notify the press. (flat fee plus sales commission)
- THE COLLABORATE FORUM – An online forum for international artists to connect with each other as they navigate each stage of their careers; completely complimentary and free of charge. Check it out.
- The Professional Organization of Women in the Arts
- Museum of Modern Art Junior Associates
- Guild Hall Contemporaries, Founding Member
- White Box, Special Projects Steering Committee
- Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater Patron
- Norwood Club
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts Young Associate
- The Film Forum
- Sotheby’s Institute of Art Alumni Association